API Architect / Engineer
We are looking for an API Architect/Engineer to build Public/Open API languages using Microsoft Technology Stack. You will create applications from scratch, configure existing systems and provide user support. In this role, you should be able to lead a team of API Programmers and Documentation Writers to implement our API project. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. Your goal will be to work with internal teams to design, develop and maintain our API project(s).
Note: We are ideally seeking individuals to be based out of our Torrance, CA office, but will not exclude remote work if the individual meets our criteria. Additionally, this is a long-term/full-time position. More details will be shared in the initial phone conversation, so if you are interested and you meet the requirements we invite you to apply.
- Lead a team of API Programmers and Documentation Writers in implementing our Public API project
- Provide key stakeholders with definitive steps involved in developing a public API project
- Develop a milestone driven roadmap for the project
- Collaborate with our offshore based team on a daily basis to ensure project progression and success
- Work extensively with our onsite team on project scope/guidelines for the project
- Design and develop RESTful API's using .NET Web API
- Implement the following:
- Public API project using OAUTH 2.0 / Web API
- Developer portal
- Marketplace / app store
- Open API Specifications (OAS) / Swagger documentation
- Microsoft .NET Web API Technology Stack
- Must have experience building public APIs.
- Minimum 1-5 years full stack experience in developing web based applications utilizing RESTful API's
- Experience in implementing at least one public API project using OAUTH / Web API / Open API specifications
- Successful experience in implementing a marketplace /app store
- Deep understanding and experience with Open API Specifications
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to accommodate a non-traditional work schedule on occasion or as business dictates
- Competitive salary + bonuses
- We offer an unmatched benefits package, including full employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life premiums
- 401K with employer matching
- Onsite gym and locker room for employees
- Team-oriented, friendly, diverse, and supportive work environment
- Various team activities and perks
- Comprehensive training, ongoing learning programs, and career-pathing and development
BQE Software develops innovative practice management software for professional services firms. Its products—including BQE Core®, BQE BillQuick®, BQE ArchiOffice® and BQE EngineerOffice®—centralize and streamline the way firms enter and use information for time tracking, billing, project management and accounting. This gives them the speed and insight necessary to rapidly make informed decisions, increase productivity, and grow profits. With more than 400,000 users worldwide, BQE Software is trusted by leading architects, engineers, accountants, attorneys, IT specialists, and business consultants.